Saturday, January 30, 2016

Speed


At 97, the speed of the speedometer was flickering like a candle trying its best to stay alive amidst heavy winds. I was zipping past the stationary flora on my sides and the physics of relative motion suddenly came afresh and alive acting as a catalyst to the thrill that speed was giving me. 

I crushed more fuel and in few seconds hit the century mark with aplomb. The highway was as straight as an arrow and deserted on a bright afternoon sans any insane to compliment me on my lighting speed. Why would a sane travel at that breakneck speed? The adrenaline rush was giving me goose bumps but I paid no adherence to it.

The distant mirage's pursuit was an exercise in futility. The faster I approached, the faster it vanished into oblivion. Every passing second stared at an irreparable damage. 

Blood trails spoke veiled volumes. 

Reaching the nearest hospital, I dropped my profusely bleeding pillion who was riddled with bullets- a soldier. That a peaceful town was under terrorist attack and counter operations were going on is what I reported.

Speed thrills. Speed kills. Today it may save as well.



1 comment:

  1. Bahut badiya Mishraji.hope to see you pursue many more distant mirages

    ReplyDelete