Saturday, May 30, 2015

Black

        The day started with the sound of ding-dong bringing me back to basics from my dreams of peace and content. Few mortals only exist who would say a yes to a run in the morning and that too ad-hoc and unexpected. Running is a basic building block of discipline but who wants to be disciplined!! On the contrary, personnel in defence services would not even bother once on this account when asked, "Lets go for a run". It would be a welcome step and when the sun is yet to assume humongous proportions, it would be considered as the day's best start. I had been a party to many such best starts in recent years and would not hesitate to say, "I don't just love it sometimes".
         Jamnagar, being a reticent spot on our map, invites many a migratory birds and they lap it up for many reasons unknown to me. The only other way Jamnagar may me known is due to Reliance's biggest refinery in the world. You name a migratory bird and in the most probable case you may find it here on some salt pane, water body. Coming closer to my abode,  I see those beautiful flamingos continuously on hunt in the saline weater, those busy parrots suspicious of every move by any other bird, those sweat-drenched mynahs fighting for the smallest insects, those love-locked pigeons always high on love making and challenging competitors to fight for the best breakthrough, and those dreaded crows; aloof from the diaspora and ganglord of their own. No other bird takes more holier dips in water than these crows.
          As I reached the swimming pool, a murder of crows I found, busy with their evening ablution schedule. No, they are not fighting or crowing at each other. This time they are more concerned at painting themselves with clanliness and color. Alas, the true black that accepts all, welcomes all, does not fade even by a shade below. The crows are happier being Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment